Monday, April 5, 2010

Yuvraj rubbishes reports of deliberate under-performance

An agitated Yuvraj Singh hit back at speculation that he was deliberately underperforming in the Indian Premier League after being stripped of Kings XI Punjab's captaincy, saying he was disgusted and horrified by the reports.

"I am disgusted and horrified that a news reporter can scoop down to such a level. I, in all my career, haven't seen such a disgusting piece of news," the flamboyant batsman said on his Twitter page, reacting to reports that his poor run in the IPL was deliberate as he was upset at being replaced as captain of the side by Kumar Sangakkara.

Yuvraj has totalled a little over 100 runs in seven IPL games so far and there were reports suggesting that he wanted to shift to another team - speculated to be Mumbai Indians - ahead of the current season.

The explosive allrounder said he was being targeted because of his lean patch and blamed the recent injury breakdowns for the current lack of form.

"To come out of injury is not easy and I've had three in a row and I hope to bounce back soon. I always try to give my best no matter what the circumstances and right now I am struggling with my form. It happens to every player," he said.

His mother Shabnam too defended Yuvraj and said her son never contemplated any change.

"An icon player cannot move out of his team till at least three years and Yuvraj knows this. He wasn't thinking about anything of this sort. All this is because he is not in good form," she explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Latest Blog Update

    follow me on Twitter